[ S U N S H I N E - B L O G G E R - A W A R D ]
The Sunshine Blogger Award
Welcome back! Today's Blog is a very exciting one! It is a Sunshine Blogger Award nomination post. At first I had no idea what the award was. (Silly me, right?). After one search in google I discovered what an amazing thing it was! It's a chance for bloggers to connect, you can appreciate each others work and promote each other. It is an award to let everyone know just how well they are doing, you get to know blog authors a little more and it basically is just a bit of fun! It is an opportunity to expand your network and make some internet friends. #TEAMINTERNET.
After starting a twitter account @abbyclareblog I have connected with so many fellow bloggers and feel part of such an inspiring community. I want to say a huge thank you to Mary from xmaryslife for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Go check out Mary's blog here and see what questions she had to answer! (You'll love her post!).
There are some simple and fun rules to follow:
- Write a blog post thanking the person that nominated you, tag them in your post and also link the questions they answered in their post.
- In your post answer the 11 questions that were given to you.
- Nominate blogs who you think deserve the award and come up with 11 questions for them to answer.
- Let them know that you nominated them by either social media or commenting on their blog.
- Make sure to list the rules on your blog and display a Sunshine Blogger Award Logo in your post.
- Have fun and get creative.
Questions and Answers:
1. What is it that you like the most about blogging?
This is actually quite an easy question for me to answer. I love that I can be myself. Everything I write and every opinion is my own and genuine. This is my little place that I can be proud of and be who I really am.
2. What is one important lesson you've learned in your blogging experience?
You have to allow yourself room for improvement and room for mistakes. Things will not always go to plan but it is OK. Organisation is KEY.
3. What are your three favourite blogs or bloggers?
- Mary from xmaryslife.wordpress.com
- Louise from wishfulluxury.co.uk
- Poppy from Poppydeyes.com
4. Which Country/City/Place would you recommend visiting? and why?
100% London. My home town, the big city. I love London. There is so much history, culture, amazing food and such a variety of people. There are so many parts to London from gorgeous scenic parks to the busy streets like Oxford Street. You can really find your self from being lost in a busy city. I think London really brings out who you are, there are so many opportunities there!
5. What is your biggest wish?
Wow. What a question! A lifetime supply of LUSH products! (Just kidding). To put it down to just one my biggest wish would have to be that I will marry my gorgeous boyfriend be able to have gorgeous children and see them grow up and see what they aspire to be. I am a very needy person when it comes to people close to me. There is nothing I would love more than to experience that.
6. What is the meaning of friendship to you?
Understanding. Communicating. Equality. Being the best person you can be to them, showing them taht whoever they are is perfect because that is them. Being a true friend is letting them know that even if you haven't spoken for a while they can still depend and rely on you. Understand your differences and the reasons you are friends.
I love the quote 'Good friends are like stars. You don't always have to see them to know they are there'.
7. What things are you most grateful for in your life?
Apart from Pizza and Lush? It would have to be the people I have met. I have spoken with a huge variety of people that in some way have taught me something valuable. I am grateful for the chances I have been given or taken myself in order to be the person I am today. I am grateful for the good people in this world. The good-hearted and open minded individuals.
8. Where are you from? and what is the most common stereotype about your country?
I saw this question and laughed! I love it haha!
I am from England. All we do is drink tea and eat crumpets while talking to the queen.
I now live in Australia and we ride kangaroos and put shrimps on the barbie (BBQ).
9. What is one important lesson you've learned in your blogging experience?
I think this is a repeat but I'll give you another lesson!
Do not compare yourself with any other blogger. Even if your content seems exactly the same, you'll have your individual niche. Be yourself and focus on what you do. Pan ahead and this will make you feel confident about what you post as you've had time to think about it.
10. What's your favourite book?
This changes AAAALL the time! When I was younger it was ANY Jacqueline Wilson. I can't really pick a favourite book because I have read so many but I do love the author's Jane Costello, Sophie Kinsella and John Green. I love relatable books such as romcoms or adult humour books. At the moment I am reading 'The Time of Our Lives' by Jane Costello so I guess that is my favourite at the moment. 'The Fault in Our Stars' will forever be a favourite too.
11. How would you describe yourself in three words?
Crazy. Supportive. Enthusiastic.
I have nominated these following people because I feel that they work so hard, I love their content and they seem like great people! (No particular order).
My Questions To You:
- What or who was your biggest inspiration for starting your blog?
- How long have you been blogging for?
- If you could be any animal, what would you be? And why?
- What is your go-to comfort food?
- What is your favourite holiday or celebration during the year?
- What is your main goal for the end of the year? (Socially or personally).
- What is your earliest memory?
- When you were younger what was your dream job?
- What is your favourite holiday destination?
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- If you were stuck on an Island for 24 hours, what five things would you want with you?
So, they are all of my questions ready to be answered!
Thanks again Mary for the nomination, I really enjoyed writing this post!
I look forward to reading more!
Love, Abby x